Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Inside the Mind of a 5 yr old

I have a friend, named G, that informed me she would love to get into my daughters head and see what she is thinking. Well today I found out that my daughter is thinking a lot about G.
Last night we had a conversation about our plans for today.



Emma asked what we were going to do and I replied that we needed to go to Sears and pick up their photos and we needed to drop off some movies for G to watch because she is on bedrest.



Emma wanted to know why she was on bedrest?



Because the baby inside her tummy needs a lot of rest and quiet time, so G needs to just lay down and watch movies all day.



"that sounds boring" Emma informed me.




Heidi had surgery yesterday and they removed the rods on the outside of her leg. Her ankle and leg are very sore and she is in a lot of pain so I have been keeping her medicated and comfortable since yesterday morning. This morning Emma was jumping around and dancing and with every jump Heidi's leg was in pain. The more pain the grumpier Heidi gets. The grumpier Heidi gets the more she yells at Emma to stop jumping. The more Emma is told to stop jumping the more she jumps. It's awful.



So I finally explain to Emma that this isn't okay and that Heidi is hurting and Emma needs to stop jumping around. I tell her to go pick out a movie and I'll start her a movie and she can sit on my bed and watch a movie.



Emma looks at me really weird for a minute and then says,



"Mom I don't have to lay down and watch movies, because I am not even pregnant."

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

ROFLOL! Thank you for this peek inside her head...she cracks me up! For all her crazy antics, she is such a deep thinker and her comments amaze me. I can't wait to see how she is in school and beyond.

VanC said...

That's our Girl!!
I'm still laughing over the "where's a Crocodile when you need one?" comment.

sara :) said...

Sometimes reading about Emma's antics is the only thing that makes me feel better about my own kids...

Hope Heidi can get comfortable soon.