Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cards cards and more cards

I have been working on a lot of cards lately, so here are a few of them I have made.

This one is a card I made for the RMHS band. Actually I made 40 of them. They are sending them to all the wonderful people who donated to the auction we had last week.

I am in a card swap for Get Well Soon cards. This is for group 2 that I am in. The bear is a digi stamp. Well not really it is a digital coloring book page that I printed colored and cut out. Isn't he so cute. The card is sitting on a piece of blue paper, it is that big and crooked.

This a another coloring book picture that I changed into a card. I made this for my neighbor who hasn't been feeling well. I made it a bit more masculine for a male get well card.

Another card I made out of scraps I had left over. I just love this poor dragon with is neck injury. You just can't help but feel for him. I think I'll name is OSCAR.

I tried to turn this one the right way many times and I can't get it to work right. But you can get the idea. This is for another group in the Get Well Soon swap. I hand colored all the images. It is a Stamping Up image that I have had for a long time. She is so cute.

Emma's Science Project

So I have to back track a few weeks, we have been so busy. Here are a few photos of Emma's science project. She did her project on Capillary Action of Water in Plants. Basically she took white carnations and put them in colored water and watched them change over a number of days. There were only two Kindergartners in the science fair so she really did great. Of course they don't award prizes or anything now days because every child is a winner. (Don't get me started on that subject)

She had fun and she learned a little so that is what matters.

Here is her poster and her research. She did most everything on her own. I helped her with it a little bit.

Here are the end flowers. Most of the colors worked. Green and blue worked the best and purple didn't work very well at all. The yellow flower was in orange dye and it took longer than the other colors.