Monday, December 10, 2007

Little Update

I just realized that almost a month has gone by and I haven't posted. I guess time has been flying by around here. Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we went to lunch at Golden Corral, a bit to crowed for my taste. Then we went to the hospital to visit Greg's mom. The took her in Thanksgiving morning because of chest pains. They kept her there most of the day and sent her home that evening.



The week after Thanksgiving Heidi and I went with some friends to the TSO concert and loved it. TSO stands for Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They are sooooo good. This was Heidi's first time seeing them and her first real concert, I'm not sure what she expected, but she pleasantly told me afterwards that it was awesome and she didn't know that we were going to a Rock Concert. Lucky for us my friend that went with us (she is 8 months pregnant), never went into labor or anything like that. There were a few songs I was a bit worried about her on. If you have never heard TSO you should check out their site.



http://www.trans-siberian.com/index-main.php



We are stating to ready ourselves for the holidays, and I took the girls to have photos done at Sears, they turned out great and I can't wait for them to come back so I can send out Christmas Cards. The week after we had photos done, Emma came out of the bedroom with no bangs. YEP she cut her hair.....AGAIN. This time she really got it good and she looks a bit like a cross between a Puke Rocker and a Redneck. At least the photos were already taken.



We celebrated Emma's 5th birthday last Saturday and she had a great time. We even ran into Santa Claus at Walmart that morning. She got some great toys and gifts and for lunch she picked Chinese food so we went out to eat.



Tomorrow Heidi goes into the hospital for surgery number #13. They will be taking the fixator rods off the outside of her leg and putting her in a walking type cast or splint. She is so excited that she won't have that on there anymore and she has started putting a little weight on her leg and has even taken a few steps without the crutches. It has been and will continue to be a long process, but there is a bit of hope. She will be keeping her foot and she will walk again. Her skin graft was put on about a month ago and the nurses and Doctors say it looks great. It really seems to be working good at closing the wound.



Well I better head off to bed and get some much needed rest. I just want to say thank you to everyone that is still praying for us and still putting Heidi's name in the temples and a special thanks to those that have been able to help us out with meals and child care and finances, it has all been greatly apperciated.

3 comments:

sara :) said...

I can't believe Heidi is getting a walking cast! That is so great. What wonderful blessings. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and make sure you take some time for yourself.

hugs

Jennifer said...

Glad to see you back in blog world, I have missed your posts. I'm glad things are still looking up for Heidi, I forgot to ask the other day about her graft. I'm still here to help whenever I can...it's not like I have a ton of other stuff to do these days. ;)

Squirrel & Button said...

I am so glad that things are going so well! I love hearing about Emma's thoughts. :-) Have a wonderful Christmas!