Friday, April 4, 2008

An Unusual Find

This week was just dragging by like the many weeks before it have. Each day pretty much the same as the day before. Wednesday the weather was nice and sunny. I dropped Heidi off at Physical Therapy and drove back north to pick up Emma. I got her from preschool and we went and got Heidi. This is becoming so routine that I almost don't even pay attention to driving the route.

So we were leaving PT and Heidi asked me to turn right instead of left just to see what was in that direction. Apparently she is just as bored as I was. So we went for a drive, at each intersection I asked the girls left or right. We ended up on a highway heading south of Nampa. I had never really been that way before, but it was still paved and considered highway. After driving for awhile we can to the Snake river and a very lovely bridge. Just east of the bridge was a turnout to a museum and historical site of some old ferry crossing.

"go there mom Please" I guess at some point in time Heidi had driven this road with grandpa and the museum looked pretty cool, but was closed the time they came. So we stopped and got out and looked around. I don't know the name of this place but it was very cool.

There is a walking trail that takes you through the trees. There are quotes and scriptures and statues and quiet benches for meditation and prayer. There is a big rainbow on the hill, and in the mountain is a replica of Christ tomb. Very interesting to say the least. We walked quite a ways, until Heidi's ankle started to hurt. Then we walked back. There are a lot of old building and in pens there were roosters and chickens and peacocks and swans. They have the most beautiful white peacock and he spread his tail and it looked like a wonderful snowflake. The girls loved it.

It made a great day trip idea and cured our boredom.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Ok, I lived in that part of Idaho way too long. I'm pretty sure this http://www.idahostatesman.com/treasurehunt/story/220044.html is what you are talking about. I used to go there and wade in the water when I first got my license and wanted to go for a drive. Glad you stumbled across it!

Squirrel & Button said...

THis sounds awesome! I think we might need to drive out there!