Saturday, April 26, 2008

What an Afternoon

Which part was the joy of my day?

puking
loosing a kid in Costco
or getting a flat tire


So I woke up sick again this morning (that makes over a week of it) so dh being the nice guy that his insisted on teasing me about being pregnant. Yeah Right that is just what I need right now. I finally took a test to rule that out. NEGATIVE is a lovely sight, when you have a five year old screaming and kicking your bathroom door and demanding that you go to the store because "we are out of waffles" I bought 14 boxes of cold cereal two weeks ago when it was on sale. EAT THAT.

So I finally got up and dressed and headed out for the day. There are some days you should just stay at home in the comfort of your bed, wrapped in your woobie with your faithful teddy bear. Today was one of those days.

I stopped by the scrapbook store to pick up my friends cards. My 13 year old with attitude informed me that this was the fifth time this week that I had been there. PUT YOUR EAR PLUGS IN, LISTEN TO YOUR IPOD AND KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. We went to my friends house and dropped off the cards and she cut my girls hair while I played with her baby. (the highlight of my day) That baby is such a sweetie.

I left there and went and bought meat. LOTS OF MEAT. We decided that some of our tax return needed to go to food supplies, so I bought 30 pounds of beef (various steaks, roast and such) for $100. It should be enough to fill the freezer and last for awhile.

We went to lunch and then to Costco, where I instantly hit the restroom and lost my lunch. FUN NOT Well Emma went into the restroom with me but decided that she didn't want to stay. So while I am bowing to the toilet my five year old left the bathroom and started wandering Costco alone. Not much that I could do about it as I was stuck in the stall.

We finally found her snacking down on samples in the back of the store. After getting our food supplies we checked out with a kicking, screaming and yelling kid demanding an ice cream cone. NOT IN THIS LIFE, HONEY.

On the way home from Costco, I was driving an heard a horrid noise. Pulling over as quick as possible we came to discover a bungee cord stuck in the front tire. It was the same color as the roadway, which is probably why I never saw it. The hook is in the tire and the rubber strap was flapping against the wheel well. Greg just cut the strap off and we drove home, only to discover the tire store is closed until Monday.

I came home and put on jammies and crawled back in bed where I should have stayed to begin with. Some days it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning.

No comments: