Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Done with surgery

We got to the hospital at 6a.m. and Heidi had her surgery at 7. She was out of surgery at around noon. She was so sad and in pain and cried and cried. Then they gave her Drugs.

HOW WE LOVE DRUGS

After a ton of morphine she began to calm down and sleep. She slept most of the day. She is in a shared room with a really cute little 8 yr old girl. The rooms are small and with two girls, two moms and all the equiptment it is really crowded.

The surgery went very well and the Dr. is hopeful that this will be one of the last surgeries she will have. Her foot is in a Halo (not the PS3 game). It is three rods and rings that go all the way around the foot. Right now it is bandaged and swollen. She had an epidral in her back so she is confined to the bed until tomorrow afternoon. If I get a chance I'll take a photo of her foot.

well it is bedtime here and that means no sleep for anyone in this room. Thank goodness for wireless internet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about both you and Heidi today. I'm glad to hear that the surgery part went well. Now I hope that the getting better part goes well too. Good luck getting some sleep tonight.

Jenn said...

Glad to hear all went well. I hope and pray it continues to go that way!

nej said...

So happy to hear that things went well. Hopefully she was able to keep her pretty toes. Hugs to both you and Heidi!

xoxo

Kim Scraps! said...

I am glad everything is going well. My prayers are still with you gals.

Big Hugs!
Kim

nic said...

Aww... tell Heidi I LOVE HER and to feel better or the cookie will be sad. lol. Miss you guys!
-Deryk