Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Snow Snow Snow

So I got up and went to the Christmas show at the Idaho Center on Sunday. I went by myself for a little me time and some shopping therapy. What did I buy, you ask???

Well I bought myself my ICE ticket, it will be from the girls to me, because they love me so much, and because by the time ICE arrives I'll need the break from them. If you are clueless about ICE , check it out.

ICE Escape


On to what else I bought. Besides buying the Honey filled candies that I buy every year,thanks to my friend Tracy, for loaning me .25 so I didn't have to put $2 worth of candy on a credit card. I also bought snow in a box. I thought I would give it a try.



So I take it home and wait for "I'm bored" to be said. Then I got a big plastic bin with a lid and the snow. My girls were thrilled. You put a little bit of this powder in a cup and add a little water and count to three.

BOOM fast as you can say "BOB'S A SNOWMAN" you have snow falling out of the cup. It stays cold forever and it is mold able and not to messy. It will last months according to the box.




So how does it work?
What is it made of?

I don't know and I don't care. It kept both girls engaged and involved without fighting or arguing, so I could paint my living room.

After fully entertaining themselves with Snow stuff for hours, my DH came home and was watching them play. It was at this point he informed the girls that the "snow" they were playing in is the same stuff they use in disposable diapers to absorb wetness.

The 5 year old, could care less and continued to play, the 14 year old will no longer touch it at all. She is done and wants nothing more to do with fake snow.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ICE and snow, what a chilly read this was. The fake snow is pretty cool, as long as I don't think about diapers.