Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Finished Closet


I actually got this done quite a while ago, but I haven't gotten the photos posted. The master bedroom closet didn't get a complete makeover, but it did get reorganized and cleaned out. It's happier so I'm happier and now we can find stuff. I even found a few Christmas gifts that never were given out and a baby outfit I bought for my nephew that was size 0-3 months and he is now almost two. It won't be fitting him or my other nephew, so I am going to give it to my neighbor, who just had a little boy. Any way here are the photos of the master bedroom closet.

I took advice from Peter Walsh and bought wooden hangers. I also hung all the clothes up with the hangers backwards. Peters tip: if after 6 months the hangers are still backwards then you haven't worn it and you can get rid of it.


I also put like things together and like colors together. I never would have guessed I had so much blue clothing.


My hangers are white and my husbands are light wood. As you can see by the photos I need to purchase a few more wooden hangers, so some of the clothes are still on white plastic hangers.





There really isn't any other place in the house for the cedar chest or the old rocking chair and cradle or the rocking horse, so they are staying in the back corner of the closet. I like that I can find stuff now.