Thursday, February 7, 2008

Painful Mouth

Let me just start by saying what I have said to my girls all along, brush your teeth, so you don't have to go through what I have to. I had yet another root canal done today. They are not fun, they are not relaxing, and I rather have open heart surgery again than have a root canal. My dentist is great and he really does a good job, I just have so much that needs to be done that it seems to be taking forever. I also had a horrible dentist as a child and am scare to death of them to this day.

So I went in because I have pain in my teeth, we were sure which tooth, so they did xrays, and poked and prodded. Then the dentist used a small piece of ice and touched it on each tooth to detemine the cold sensative tooth.When he did find it, I jumped so hard that I nearly took out him, the assistant and the light above me. Of course just to be sure, he did it again and almost got kicked.

Well a few hours later I am home, dragging my face behind me on the ground. One whole side of my face was numb, including my eye and nose. So I took some pain killer and went to lay down for a few minutes. (a few minutes, three hours whats the difference)

My house looks like a 5 yr old was left unattended for hours on end. OH YA she was. Some one needs to teach that kid, if your going to sneek a bowl of ice cream, to put the carton back in the freezer and not leave it on the counter to melt.

The lesson here
Floss Daily
Brush Daily
and see your dentist regular so you don't have to have days like this.

No comments: