Sunday, February 17, 2008

Painting and organizing

I love to organize, I wish we had a Container store here. I was on line drooling over all their wonderful stuff and decided to reorganize my house. We got H's room clean and ready to paint. Then I let her and her friend go at it. How much damage can two teenagers do anyway? It just paint, right?

They did a great job. I did have to go over one small section later and add another coat, and there was a small spot on the carpet that I had to clean up. But for the most part they did wonderful. Now to get here room back together so I can take a photo of it. Unfortunately she picked blue for her room and I am really sick of blue. E's room is blue, H's room is blue and their bathroom is blue. I guess we should just call that end of the house the BLUE WING.

I also started on the office/scrapbook room. It needs to be organized badly. But I also realize it needs to be painted badly, so I picked out five sample cards I liked and taped them to the wall. We have narrowed it down to three. I still want to see what they look like with the morning light streaming in. Only I haven't made it up that early this week. I figure the office should be cheerful and fun, because that is where I have to pay bills and paying bills is depressing and boring. It needs to inspire me to scrapbook and create.

I figure by the end of the year my whole house will be painted and organized. Because an orgaized house is a happy house.LOL

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So if I can just get my house organized, my kids will be happier? I know I would be happier! That is my goal this year, though with finances how they are, it will probably take me a few years to get it just so. I wish us both luck with this.