Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More Organizing

So we have stacks and stacks of puzzles, like those shown below. They take up a ton of space and the boxes are falling apart, but I didn't want to get rid of the puzzles.

So I found these pencil holders on clearance at Walmart for $1. They are fabric and see through and well made. I bought a few to try this out. I cut the picture of the puzzle off the box and put the pieces in the pouches.


It looks like they are going to work great. This worked with all my 24 and 30 piece puzzles. The big floor puzzles are to big for this kind of bag, so I put them in Ziploc Bags. Then I was surfing the net and I found this blog and the lady sell bags like this in all kinds of sizes. I'm going to order some when I have some extra cash, for the big puzzles.
Her bags are at:
The next photo shows the amount of space these bags save as compared to the boxes. I also found I love the pouches because they have the holes for a three ring binder. I have decided this is a great way to store my flannel board pieces and small games for daycare. Now I need to hit walmart again and buy a bunch more pouches


I plan on putting all the puzzle bags into a basket so the kids can access them easily and put them away easily also.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is a great idea! These are the kind of pencil pouches I prefer to buy for my teens, they last well, but we couldn't find them at our Wal-mart this year...does yours still have a lot?