Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scraproom reorganized

A friend of mine has been asking to see photos of the scraproom.






This is what my scraproom used to look like. It felt awful, like it was all going to come tumbling down on my head. In fact the shelf over the desk has quite a bow to it. Scary, RIGHT.

So I worked on it a lot. I still don't have the room painted, but I really like the scrapbook organizing.






So here is how it looks now. I got rid of the larger table and put in a small 4 foot one. It really helps not to have the space to pile stuff.



This is the window seat. The shelves were in my dd's room and she broke two of the drawers so that is what is holding all the albums. The other two drawers hold all my craft supplies for daycare and my kids extra school supplies. The cases on top are CTMH acrylic stamps. Then my label maker and laminator fit on top of labeled drawers that hold all my embellishments, rub ons, stickers, and tags. the crop in style bag fit nicely in front of them.

This is the shelving next to the table. These are cubes from Fred Meyer and Iris carts. The bottom holds albums, the middle holds paper holders. All my paper is sorted by manufacture, so I can easily find a line that works and all the colors match. The top is floss boxes labeled and sorted by color, and they hold all my ribbon and fibers. Everyone needs a pile it area and that is what the other two shelves are for. Above that is a ink pad holder that my dad built for me. The black and white basket holds new purchases, until I can get them put away. I haven't been buying much lately so it is a bit lonely. The Iris carts hold wooden stamps, foam stamps, photos, office supplies, and embossing and card making supplies, and pens and markers. I downsized a lot when I organized and I sold over 50 sets of stamps on eBay. I also sold a bunch of paper and punches and misc. at a garage sale and on cragislist.










This is the wall by the door. The cart is by cropper hopper and it holds a ton of paper and stickers. Only don't try and move it when it is full. YOU WILL HURT YOURSELF. Above the cart is a shelf I found for a $ at goodwill. It holds all the little embellishment flowers.




Here is my desk, all nice and clean. I love the back mat because I am very picky about having stuff straight. the little X adhesive is great for small stuff and my bucket turns on a lazy Susan and holds all my tools. I plan on hanging the magnetic white board, but not until I paint the room. It is on the list of rooms left to paint.


Hope you enjoyed the tour.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It looks great and I can't wait until you paint it...it will really be a fab place to create in...now to try and re-organize mine. I just need a 4 day weekend without any distractions and someone with a good back (a good to look at male speciman would be nice) to haul things around...not gonna happen for a while I'm sure. LOL